1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

msi 6800gt - DVI issue

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Digger, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Hi Chaps, anyone come across this kind of issue before.

I am outputting DVI from my PC (nVidia 6800GT) to LCD (Philips 23PF9956) at native resolution 1280*768. The panel is picking up the image fine but it has decided to shift the image about 1cm to the right with the right edge wrapping onto the left hand side of the screen. Very annoying. I have the latest ForceWare drivers; tried the new beta drivers and a slightly older set as well. I have just got off the phone with Philips and they will get back to me.

The graphics card is ok as i can output dvi to my Dell 18" TFT as well as my Sanyo Z3 PJ via HDMI adapter (with stunning results)

I have not played with Powerstrip yet or Custom Timings in latest beta nVidia Forceware drivers.

cheers
    Dave

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    IIRC there's a 'position adjustment' tab somewhere in the NVIdia Control Panel, I think it's accessed from the top tab and selecting one of the attached displays and right clicking on its' icon .. sorry, not at home at present so can't play with the panel.

I've no idea if it'll help, it's the only adjustment I can think of.

3. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    thanks Robin, i will try and post back soon. i think i tried it...not sure though...

cheers

4. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    ok...no joy. As far as i can tell you get the option of moving an analogue VGA image but not given the option for a DVI image. Hmmm...not sure what to try next. Probably wait for Philips to get back to me. Hopefully they can mimic the problem.

Dave

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry, I've no other idea, I wasn't sure about that adjustment working on digital displays but it was worth a shot.

'Fraid I don't know enough about this topic to know if it's fixable by Powerstrips' Custom Resolutioon settings, which are far more flexible than the custom feature now present in the nVidia panel.

6. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Powerstrip came to my rescue here. I went into Advance Timing Options and from the Position & Size section used IIRC the horizontal compression button (for lack of a better name for it) which somehow managed to shift the image into position after a couple of clicks. Unfortunately it reverts back when i use any kind of dual monitor mode. Slightly weird that out of the box i had to do these adjustments!