MSI 560ti 2gb or MSI 560ti 448?

PhantomICEMAN

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys im on the last step of buying my bits for my system hopefully tomorrow only the graphics card and cooler remain. Just for reference il give you a low down of what i have already but theres more to be added later:-

I currently have :-
Corsair 600T Black (Got this on offer or i would have got the white one)
Corsair TX750W (part of the above promotion)
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3
Intel Core i7 2700K
Corsair Vengance Blue 8Gb (Adding another 8 gb later)
Samsung spinpoint f3 1tb (adding another 1 or 2 more plus 1 ssd)
LG Suprer Blue 10x Bluray Writer

I have decided to get the Corsair H100 cooler

I need advice however on which graphics card to get.I was firsly consdering wether to go for ATI or Nvidia but what i have read and heard alot of the games are designed over Nvidia chipset by developers. I was intially going to go for th gtx 570 however considering the PSU wattage i have to play with and the plans i have to expand the system later on the 560ti seem to be better candiates. My aim is play all games on 1920x1200 on max settings.

Now the there two grahics cards i have in mind its either the MSI 560 Ti Twin Fozr ii 2gb or MSI 560Ti 448 1.2gb. Obviously the second one is slightly more expensive that than the 2gb one and has more updated cooler and more cores. My question is which one would better for the purpose i need it for i would assume the second one is closer to the 570 and therfore it power usage wil be higher which may cause some problems for me lateron. I read else where that having higher ram is better . My aim later on would be to add another card in SLI but not for a while . Any advice would be welcomed

I think the 448 core are limited edition so adding another one of them at a later time could be an issue

As games get more and more graphically complex and you start to add in MSAA and other extras memory becomes more of an issue. Go for the 2gb card.

You will be fine with dual GTX 570s and an i7 2600K with a high quality 750W PSU. Given your budget I would go with either a 2GB 6950 or GTX 570. The 448 GTX560Ti is priced so closesly to the 570 that imo it's worth getting the faster card for just a few quid more!

I am having the exact same dilema, and the other problem is that there havent been any reviews to compare the 560ti to the 506ti 448 core version. I wanted to gtx570 but my monitor is only a 60hz and the additional fps would only show up as tearing so theres no point unless you have a 120hz monitor. The main issue is which one of the 560ti's to get, im leaning towards the 448core. the memory apparently doesnt make musch difference unless your planning on running dual or triple monitors

That's not necessarily true mabilal. Athough the monitor is only 60Hz, you enable V-sync or use an external FPS limiter (such as in flight simulator for example it helps massively), the benefit of a more powerful GPU isn't the higher average frame rate but is the higher minimum frame rates. The ultimate goal is to have your minimum frame rate at 60. The 448 is a better card than the standard GTX560Ti but I think is priced too high, given that a 1GB GTX560Ti can be had for around £155 which I think at current pricing is a bargain when the Radeon HD6950 is nearly £50 more expensive. If can up the budget to a £230-240 then a GTX570 becomes the better option.

Hmm I understand your point about fps. But the pricing I'm looking at is for the twin froze edition gtx carsds, which is around 180-190 for the 560ti, £220-30 for 448, and £300 for 570 in scan. Price and performance it seems to be in the middle. Yh you get the Asus or other ones cheaper but cooling is best on the twin frozr. I would like the 570 but I don't feel comfortable spending that much on a video card, when I probably won't notice the difference in game. The 570 would be more future proof though !!! Ahh I hate these dilemmas

I agree that getting the better cooling non-reference design cards are better but for the average user I don't think their worth the premium. As I say you can get a GTX 570 for £240 and yes although it's a reference design card, as long as you have reasonable case air flow temperatures will be fine. Remember also the new coolers the GTX570 are the vapour chamber ones which weren't seen on the hotter GTX470/480's and the cards also run cooler anyway.

lol your very persuasive and im sooo tempted for the gtx 570, well im building my rig in february, and ill see how i feel then !

just bought the zotac 448 core to replace msi 560ti oc twin frozr as the 1gb ram on the msi was giving me issues on battlefield. Man what a great card bf3 now running beautifully even on the new maps all at 1080p. used msi afterburner to add small overclock to 800mhz.

Really cannot fault the card especially at £220 at ebuyer, will keep me happy until late this year when kepler is out and prices come down a bit, the guru3d benchmarks put the 448 overclocked very close to a standard 580.

sammy - I just got the twin frozen 448 core delivered today - hope I get the same performance upgrade as you did. I got it for $284 US with the new Batman download. My BF3 is "shakey" with my current 5770. Did your GPU come with a Mini HDMI adapter to regular HDMI? Also did it come with a SLI cable? I got neither in my box from MSI - hmm...

sammy - I just got the twin frozen 448 core delivered today - hope I get the same performance upgrade as you did. I got it for $284 US with the new Batman download. My BF3 is "shakey" with my current 5770. Did your GPU come with a Mini HDMI adapter to regular HDMI? Also did it come with a SLI cable? I got neither in my box from MSI - hmm...

Well I got the zotac 448 core to replace normal msi 560ti, it has a full size hdmi port which I prefer, I have overclocked to a conservative 800mhz core, 1600mhz shader and 4000mhz memory, and also used the msi afterburner fan profiler. the zotac cooler is not as nice as the twin forzr however it never goes above 74 degrees which is fine for what is effectively a 570 with cores disabled.

Love this card by the way really does run bf3 well, I still dont use MSAA as I am running on a 55inch tv so where I am sat I don't see any aliasing, and getting bloody good with the xbox wireless controller, so glad i moved to PC gaming just wish MW3 had native controller support.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom