ms909 or bk xls200

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by fizzgog, Mar 12, 2006.

1. fizzgog

fizzgog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    now that these subs are in the same price range i am torn between the two. please could you post your opinions/experiences on them to help me decide which to go for. music is my main interest followed closely by films. i will be pairing the sub with 2 ms914s, an ms905c and 2 ms902s.

unfortunately £300 really is my limit for a sub. does anyone know if the 909 can be hooked up to a stereo and av amp at the same time.
    many thanx
    ...pete

2. willygbr

willygbr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fizzdog if you live local you can always pop over for a listen other than that demo is the next best thing. The 909 suits my tastes subtle but has enough grunt for me though still yet to set it up correctly with a spl.

3. fizzgog

fizzgog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    thanx for the offer Willy, but i live in the north west and am without transport.
    cheers though
    ...pete

4. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I've got an XLS200 (down-firing version) coupled with MS906's, an MS905C and MS302's (soon to be replaced with 903's) and I can't recommend it enough. I haven't heard the 909, but the BK sub is a class act. It integrates really well with the speakers for both movies and music (I mainly use the system for music). I've found that although the 906's go pretty low the sound in stereo is more satisfying when using the sub with a 90Hz crossover on the amp (the only setting available:D ). I found that to get the best sound I had to play around with the phase, but now I'm well-chuffed!

5. Repton

Repton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    not heard the MS909 but from personal experience and expert opinions on this forum you cannot fault the XLS200, a cracking sub:D

6. gonzaga3c

gonzaga3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    XLS200 tight and punchy enough for my taste.:smashin: