1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS309 Help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Jstn, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Jstn

Jstn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just got a Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofer, but it's taken me about an hour to set it up because the supplied manual seems to be wrong, the diagram of the sub and description is incomplete, it took me ages to figure out that the "Auto-on" and "Power" was the same switch :blush: . The manual is a basic overview of the Premier Series and not specific to the sub, there are bits on the back not mentioned in the manual and it mentions a setup CD which again seems to be missing.

Anyway, has anyone else had these problem? Should I write to the supplier requesting an updated manual and CD?

Thanks,

2. aliflack

aliflack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Send a PM to Tons of Fun (he works for MS) and get him to pop a setup CD in the post to you - it has a bunch of low frequency tracks to get the notch filter setup right.

I think you can download a proper manual from the MS website...

Bear with it, give it a while to settle in, and these teething problems will be a distant memory as soon as you pop on a Matrix DVD! :thumbsup:

3. WILD9

WILD9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Your right really, the manual is a little basic and the missing CD is irritating, and if you havnt read much about the subs remember that if it suddenly stops working the fuse may have blown as a bunch of them had the wrong fuse installed (fuse is under the power socket at the back of the sub). However the missing disc was sorted quickly by Tons of Fun and after id replaced the fuse and read up a bit on here about the settings for the sub etc i still cant help feeling that ive ended up with a quality bit of kit for a bargain price. Its comming towards the end of its 10hr runin after watching several movies at lower volumes and every time i turn it on it just seems a little bit better than before. Stick with it, the teething problems cant detract from the fact that this is a great bit of kit.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Amen to that.:smashin:

Its a cracking little sub for a bargain price. Worth preserving with. Its a good stepping stone before geting a SVS :devil:

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,227
    I sent your CD yesterday so it will be with you presently.