1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS250 News?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by spiderv6, Nov 21, 2004.

1. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any news on this machine? I have seen the pics and a few snippets but nothing really concerete in terms of specs.....

I have been toying with the idea of buying an Imerge for well over a year but couldn't quite bring myself to spending 1500 pounds on buying what appears to be nothing more than a PC with some audio outs. I emailed them to ask what the spec differences were between the 80 and 160Gb model and it is purely the disk size....which is what I expected them to say, but did not explain the 350 quid price difference for an extra 50 dollars worth of disk :nono: ............I don't like being ripped off so that also put me off Imerge.

Now......if Arcam are getting into this game I am interested again. :clap:

Will it come with a fancy creston style remote? Will it have WiFi enabled? I guess the 250 in the model name means that is the disk size and given that most people spending 2.5K on Arcam kit are not into compressed audio, how many CDs is that?
    And will I end up paying for the innards I already have in my DV27a also in the MS250? Can't we have a "disk only" version with the DV27a (or whatever) providing the decoding and playback.

Questions.....Questions...... :smoke: