MS Wireless Adaptor Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Tallpaul27, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Tallpaul27

Tallpaul27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My MS Wireless adaptor doesn't always switch on with my 360. I've tried it in all the USB sockets both on my 360 and on my HD DVD drive. It appears to be random as to whether it switches on or not.

Anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I assume as it happens with both the 360 and the HD DVD drive, it is an issue with the adaptor. Unless there is a problem with the 360 powering the USB sockets - then again my HD DVD drive seems to work with no problems.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

2. sotonjoe

sotonjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The adaptor is designed to be plugged into the socket on the back & left of the machine. Not sure it's supposed to work anywhere else tbh.

3. Tallpaul27

Tallpaul27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a USB socket is a USB socket, it doesn't know where it's located.

It does work in any of them (360 or HD DVD drive), the point is it doesn't ALWAYS work. ie turn on the 360 and the adaptor doesn't come on, turn it off and on and it works (or any combination of the above, depending on how it feels, no apparant pattern to whether it will switch on with the console or not).

If it makes you feel better, i do use it clipped to the back of the HD DVD drive :hiya:

4. Br0ken

Br0ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    I dont think its compulsary to use the rear usb port, its just there so you can clip the adaptor onto the console.

As for the intermittently not turning on, i'd be inclined to make sure its firmly connected, if its securely in, check through the dashboard if the xbox sees it, it may be connected and you might just be having connection problems to your router. If that still doesnt find the problem i guess it might be the adaptor.

5. Tallpaul27

Tallpaul27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's always firmly connected and it's not a router issue. the adaptor has it's own power light. When it's 'on' this illuminates green and i'm connected to the network with no problems. the problem is that the adaptor is occasionaly just not being turned on ie no power 'on' light at all.

6. sotonjoe

sotonjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yes, I'm well aware of what a USB port is thankyou.

I'm not the one contemplating plugging my wireless adaptor into the front of my 360.

If you're having problems with it whatever port it's plugged into then one might presume there's somthing wrong with the adaptor itself. Although, you presumably don't need to be told that. Just get yourself ane exchange.

They usually work with minimal fuss tbh.

7. Br0ken

Br0ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    Ok was just making sure of what the exact situation was.

I had that problem only once, restart of the console fixed it, sorry but ive got no other idea really.

Could read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907602 might give an idea or not, quote "The console does not recognize the wireless network adapter
    Verify that the power light on the adapter is illuminated. If the power light is not illuminated, examine the USB connection. Disconnect the adapter cable, and then reconnect it."