MS Warranty ?

++ Jase ++

My Xbox Elite Controller (Version 2) is faulty - it has the sticky trigger problem that most people have reported and which forced MS to extend the warranty.

The problem I'm having is getting in contact with MS to arrange a replacement, their website lets you enter a serial number which it then confirms is under warranty but on the next step the webpage doesn't work.

If you use the automated help after a load of stupid questions it ends up at above. If I choose their live chat it say 'sorry chat is closed'.

How do you go about getting a product repaired/replaced under warranty in the UK?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Try a different browser and turn off any Adblock. I had issues contacting their support and tried Edge and then had no issues going through the warranty page or contacted chat.

++ Jase ++

Try a different browser and turn off any Adblock. I had issues contacting their support and tried Edge and then had no issues going through the warranty page or contacted chat.

Thanks, I was hopeful as I'd only tried one browser but I've tried edge and still get the same:

login.microsoftonline.com refused to connect.

V6CMG

My Xbox Elite Controller (Version 2) is faulty - it has the sticky trigger problem that most people have reported and which forced MS to extend the warranty.

The problem I'm having is getting in contact with MS to arrange a replacement, their website lets you enter a serial number which it then confirms is under warranty but on the next step the webpage doesn't work.

If you use the automated help after a load of stupid questions it ends up at above. If I choose their live chat it say 'sorry chat is closed'.

How do you go about getting a product repaired/replaced under warranty in the UK?
Just had a controller just done came back 23 Oct from europe...sent (14-0ct)free and return with new controller...

++ Jase ++

Just had a controller just done came back 23 Oct from europe...sent (14-0ct)free and return with new controller...

How did you contact them to arrange this? I'm having no luck :(

I've been trying : Xbox Support
but that webpage just doesn't seem to work after the serial number check is confirmed.

V6CMG

Had to go with the auto bot to check warranty...then i think it sent me to another page...ask some more question then said an adviser will get in touch in next 24 hours...but just got email saying how to send it back and print out for Ups...it was all free the post to and free return...hope this helps...

++ Jase ++

Had to go with the auto bot to check warranty...then i think it sent me to another page...ask some more question then said an adviser will get in touch in next 24 hours...but just got email saying how to send it back and print out for Ups...it was all free the post to and free return...hope this helps...

The auto bot worked this time, I've had an email saying I'll receive further instructions within 24 hrs.

++ Jase ++

It take about 6 days to get back to them...but with my return it came back alot quicker...

Thanks, I'm not in any rush to get it back. the Elite Controller 2 is the worst premium controller I've ever purchased. I was going to send it back when I got it but changed my mind, sorry I didn't now :(

V6CMG

So the Elite Controller 2 no good i was thinking getting one for playing cod...at 56 i need any help i can get lol...

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Best controller I have ever owned. Appreciate some controllers will have faults but mine has been perfect since purchase and a great controller.

++ Jase ++

So the Elite Controller 2 no good i was thinking getting one for playing cod...at 56 i need any help i can get lol...

I had the original Elite Controller and then purchased this one, it is heavy but looks cheap compared to version one and I've never really liked the feel of it/response etc and thought the build quality looked poor. As a result I've not really used it much yet the left trigger suddenly started sticking.

After a little searching it turns out my poor quality feeling was right and MS uses little sticky pads on the back of the trigger (inside the controller) to cushion them. The problem is the pads fall off and get stuck on the back of the trigger and the sticky residue goes on the mechanism causing the triggers to stick. MS have not admitted the exact fault but have recently extended the warranty to 12 months because of all of the complaints recently, they've even said they'll refund the cost of repairs if you've already had it repaired (think they normally only come with a 90 day warranty) so I think that's proof enough there's a problem with them.

I'd hold off buying one for now and wait for the next version or at least check that the build quality has improved and they've done something to correct the current issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom