1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS Premier speakers and amp power.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Curry Monster, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Curry Monster

Curry Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered a Marantz SR6300 today and was going to get Mission FS1 speakers to go with it but decided against them at the last minute as I felt it would not be a good choice in the long run after reading stuff posted on the forum and didn't think it could be upgraded to 6.1 surround sound.

Having a look around I came across the Mordaunt Short Premier speaker package. Can this be upgraded with another centre speaker to make it 6.1 and would it be compatible with the amp which is rated at 100 WPC. If I crank up the receiver would this 'blow' these speakers up.

Or does anyone has other recommendations for other speaker packages.

Ta,

Martin

2. pandrew

pandrew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the Elac's 1 or 2's. Around the same price range or they were when I brought the 2's.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You're far more likely to damage a set of speakers by running an underpowered amp into clipping,than by using a higher powered amp with lower rated speakers.....within reason of course!

For instance,my B&W's are rated to 120W,but driven by amplifiers capable of 200W+ into that load,with no problems.