1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS Premier Plus mixed with 902s

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Goofy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Goofy

Goofy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am considering using the MS Premier Plus system, but replacing the two front speakers with the larger 902 Avant, to gain a bigger sound - whilst retaining the centre (I like the size) and the surround speakers. Does anyone have any experience, whether this mis-match in size between fronts and centre would cause an imbalance?
    I believe the basic speaker technology in each is the same -except for the different mid-range/bass speakers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. dazed&confused

dazed&confused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I considered doing this exact same thing before buying a more expensive set of speakers for about the same price by buying second hand.

The speakers you're considering can be purchased at Richer Sounds. Whatever people say about the, they do have a good policy with regard to refumds, etc. You could buy the complete Avant Premier plus 5.1 set-up plus the 902's, take them all home and try them and then take back either two of the Avant satellites, or the two 902's, or the whole lot for a refund.

3. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From experience, I would definately change the centre as well. The 905c is a huge step up from the 304. I still use my 905c (see my sig below) and am very happy it. The 902s are good too - I have some for sale now in the classifieds if you're interested :)
    Although the Premiere system is very good for a satellite system, you cant beat a full size setup for sound performance.

4. Goofy

Goofy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the helpful comments. I will try and get RS to set up some of these speakers in their demonstration room in Leeds - though the idea of taking some extra speakers home and returning the unwanted lot is a useful one - I shall ask them.