MS mezzo 5.1 wltm AV amp for @£500 mark,any idea's

Guffster

Standard Member
Reaction score
First time poster,so scuse any obvious stupidity:)i have MS mezzo 2's,6's and a mezzo5 center,plus a soon to be replaced gale sub(with the mezzo 9),the mezzo's are fairly recent additions via being handed down from my hifi setup,they are currently paired with a CA 540r which was powering my previous speakers,tho this sounds perfectly acceptable,i feel like i can get more out of my speakers with a mere modern,better spec'ed amp,any suggestions would be appreciated,budget circa £600(do like the look of onkyo tx-nr515 at £428 on amazon tho)just didnt want to buy an amp with brightness issues,thanks.

I think alot of the brightness issues that used to be associated with the Onkyo's have gone now.

I used to have the 609 and it wasn't bright at all although like yourself I was a little concerned at the time it may of been.

Have a look at stuff from...

Yamaha
Sony
Onkyo
Pioneer

To be honest the 515 looks an excellent choice for your budget so unless anyone can give a good reason not to go for it then I'd personally say it was a good choice.

If you can go to a dealer then by all means do and try and demo some of the equivalents from the above mentioned brands but I certainly don't think the Onkyo will dissapoint.

Cheers
Mark

I use Mezzo 1's, 2's, and a five as the surround parts of my setup with an Onkyo 1007 and it all sounds very good to me.

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the feedback,think im gonna go with the onkyo txnr 616,seems to tick all the box's,
thanks again for the help,

Wayne

Update:-after reading various threads on here and having some misgivings about the mezzo9(rather mixed reviews compared to the rest of the mezzo's),I plumped for a monolith df,turns out the manufacturer is literally walking distance from my house(don't think I'll walk it back tho :) )can't wait,thx again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom