MS launches 360 storage upgrade site for NXE

Ico.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is offering Xbox 360 owners who don't have a hard disk a free storage device to get them ready for the New Xbox Experience.

The Xbox Storage Upgrade website asks for your console serial and ID numbers, and then offers you a refurbished 20GB hard disk for USD 19.99 or a 512MB memory unit for nothing.

That is, unless you're an Xbox 360 Arcade owner, in which case you're offered a refurbished 20GB hard disk and three months of Gold-level Xbox Live access for USD 29.99.

However, the offer only seems to work for US console owners at the moment.

So it's just for the US at the moment and only for Arcade owners. Would be good if/ when it launches over here for those Arcade- Core owners.

Just wish they would upgrade my 20GB HDD, us early adopters always miss out. That said I glad I bought when I did.:rolleyes:

Link

I assume the site is the one mjpartyboy linked to in the NXE thread?

Xbox.com | Xbox 360

The link I found is a Eurogamer news article. I've had a look at mjpartyboy's link and it seems that his link is to the official site.

Although it does relate to the update it might be worth having a separate thread as it might get lost in the bulging update thread I've pretty much stopped going in there. Anyone with a Core or Arcade would be able to get some cheap or free memory... if it comes to the UK?

The link I found is a Eurogamer news article. I've had a look at mjpartyboy's link and it seems that his link is to the official site.

Although it does relate to the update it might be worth having a separate thread as it might get lost in the bulging update thread I've pretty much stopped going in there. Anyone with a Core or Arcade would be able to get some cheap or free memory... if it comes to the UK?
Absolutely, fair point. I was just putting 1+1 together, and as rarely happens, I actually came up with 2 this time! Thanks for the info.

Refurbished HDD, wouldn't catch me putting my game saves on a refurbished HDD.

Mine is refurbished and have been using it faultlessly now for 18 months.

:thumbsup:

There is an option in the top right hand corner to select your language so possibly they may expand the offer.

The HDD comes up as £12.99 for us in UK and $19.99 for US.

Dunno if I'm going to bother. I have 2 core systems and I'm entitled to 2 HDDs but I don't even use the one I currently own. I find myself using the 256mb card more as I move my profile from one console to the other and the gamesaves are already on the memory card.

I bought my XBOX as a preowned core at gamestation... but it must have been premium because it says im not eligiable.

my 64mb memory card wont cut it for much longer! lmao. :thumbsdow

I bought my XBOX as a preowned core at gamestation... but it must have been premium because it says im not eligiable.

my 64mb memory card wont cut it for much longer! lmao. :thumbsdow

A Premium will have a silvered DVD tray font. Core and Arcade have white tray fronts.

The scheme is for the US only at the moment... although I'd expect a UK version at some time....

I did change the options to UK.

bluddy gamestation!

It's not US only. I already tried mine and it came up as £12.99.

Make sure you select United Kingdom at the top right corner.

Seems the original link has changed? When I found the link it said as in the original post...

That is, unless you're an Xbox 360 Arcade owner, in which case you're offered a refurbished 20GB hard disk and three months of Gold-level Xbox Live access for USD 29.99.

However, the offer only seems to work for US console owners at the moment.

That seems to have been removed from the original link and no mention of the offer only seems to work for US console owners at the moment?

How things change when you are not looking.:rolleyes:

I did change the options to UK.

bluddy gamestation!

I did edit my original post what colour DVD tray front is on your console?

A Premium will have a silvered DVD tray font. Core and Arcade have white tray fronts.

I did edit my original post what colour DVD tray front is on your console?

Its silver. Yeah I know thats how to check... but it had a different faceplate and i've seen the trayplates on sale so i didnt think anything of it :rolleyes:

That'll be cool, as although I have a 120gb hard drive, I originally bought the Core back on Launch day and a 512mb card would be handy to have!

I've read elsewhere (so could be wrong) that the deals are

£12.99 - 20GB HDD & 512MB memory card if you have a Core
£19.99 - 20GB HDD & 3 months Live Gold if you have an Arcade

However if you have a HDD already you aren't eligible, presumably they can look at download history etc.

Wow, this is great news... I have a second 360 that I use at the g/f's, and was considering a HD for it to use the caching feature, now I can get one dirt cheap! Cheers MS!!

Last edited:
grr i'd love either of them. bluddy gamestation!!!

Trying to apply for this offer but I have a question, I've gave both the console id/serial number and then it displays how I want to pay. I have a maestro card but the only options are

Visa Credit/Debit
Mastercard Credit/Debit
American Express

I'm wondering which one I have to select or if I can eiven get the offer with the card I have?

Thanks

Trying to apply for this offer but I have a question, I've gave both the console id/serial number and then it displays how I want to pay. I have a maestro card but the only options are

Visa Credit/Debit
Mastercard Credit/Debit
American Express

I'm wondering which one I have to select or if I can eiven get the offer with the card I have?

Thanks

You can't i'm afraid. you can try visa credit, but i doubt it'd work. i had troubles with using a maestro so i had to use a different card

Its the only card I have, looks like I'm set to miss out booo M$ :p

Maestro and Mastercard used to be part of the same company, so Mastercard is most likely to work.

If I remember correctly Maestro was the Debit card sector of Mastercard, but the merger with Switch may mean Mastercard sold it off.

Just checked and
Maestro is an international debit card service owned by MasterCard

So Mastercard Debit should work.

I was offered the HD and 3 months gold for £19.99 but wanted the 512 mb card, is there a way to get the 512 mb card that i have missed coz i don't need another HD but could do with the free memory card.

Mark.

I was offered the HD and 3 months gold for £19.99 but wanted the 512 mb card, is there a way to get the 512 mb card that i have missed coz i don't need another HD but could do with the free memory card.

Mark.
From the NXE thread:

Owners of the Xbox 360 Core System fall into three categories. Active Live members with no storage, or a 64MB memory unit, are offered a free 512MB memory unit or a 20GB HDD for GBP 12.99. Active Live members with a 256 or 512MB memory unit are offered just the HDD, again for GBP 12.99. If your console hasn't connected to Xbox Live within the last 12 months, and doesn't have a hard disk, however, you're offered a 20GB HDD and three months on Xbox Live for GBP 19.99.

Owners of the more recent Xbox 360 Arcade console fall into two categories. Xbox Live subscribers without an HDD get the 20GB HDD offer for GBP 12.99, while those without a hard disk who haven't been online for 12 months get the offer of hard disk and three months' access to Xbox Live for GBP 19.99.
Sounds like you qualify for a 512MB unit only if you have a Core and have connected to Live in the last 12 months. Sounds to me like MS thinks your machine hasn't connected to Live recently if you're only being offered the £19.99 deal.

From the NXE thread:

Sounds like you qualify for a 512MB unit only if you have a Core and have connected to Live in the last 12 months. Sounds to me like MS thinks your machine hasn't connected to Live recently if you're only being offered the £19.99 deal.

Thanks mate, funny isn't it, my 360 arcade gets connected to live every day, maybe its confused by my 120 gb HD.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom