1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS High Def Pack Revision?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Coolit, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Coolit

Coolit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I just received a new official high def pack for my Xbox. I was expecting to get a short cable with a breakout box attached and a (thin) component cable (which I was going to replace) as per every picture I've seen about this product.

Instead I've received a cable that is much thicker (higher quality by the look of it) than the original cable with the optical out moulded to the Xbox plug end. The TV/PJ end has 5 very good quality gold phonos on it.

All in all I’m please I received this cable and not the box version, it seems really good quality.

When did MS start selling this cable? and does it produce a better quality picture than the original kit? (as I've not hooked it up yet).

2. Spacedog

Spacedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For what it's worth, I also have the same version as you of the Hi-Def cable. Bought mine online on Lik-sang.com
    I never had the previous version but with this one the results are great !! :thumbsup:

3. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    yea same here, i got mine from lik-sang, i think the JAP version there was only 1 version and the US had 2 versions

4. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    aahh....but the box version does have the benifit of allowing the use of 3rd Party high quality and long length cables (8m in my case)

the xbox360 has a fixed length version also

fairly easy to get round (AV Amp) - but limiting none the less......

5. Coolit

Coolit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I've tested it on my PJ and the PQ is excellent, no ghosting and its crisp and colourful, pretty happy with it even if its not the design I was expecting :thumbsup: