MS hates Scotland (gamertag profile related)

Dave_C

I was just filling out my Xbox Live gamertag profile and was trying to enter "Scotland" as my location only for it to throw it a fit saying "Your location contains a word or phrase that isn't allowed. Please try again." what the... is that all about?

I then tried "England" just to make sure it wasn't excluding all countries and wanting something more specific, but no that works fine.

The word Scotland doesn't seem to be completely censored though as I tried entering it into the bio section and that works fine.

Has anyone else had a problem entering Scotland as their location or is it just some random bug?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I was just filling out my Xbox Live gamertag profile and was trying to enter "Scotland" as my location only for it to throw it a fit saying "Your location contains a word or phrase that isn't allowed. Please try again." what the... is that all about?

I then tried "England" just to make sure it wasn't excluding all countries and wanting something more specific, but no that works fine.

The word Scotland doesn't seem to be completely censored though as I tried entering it into the bio section and that works fine.

Has anyone else had a problem entering Scotland as their location or is it just some random bug?

Don't understand ! Small region of England though isn't it :confused:

:devil:

dunks517

I have no problem entering Scotland, just after Carlisle keep going North until you seen a factory outlet, well thats Gretna and you have just entered Scotland...

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Quite a few of my pals from this forum are based up in Scotland. Guys like Dongaton and JazzyFonze might be able to give you some info. Does seem bizarre though........

I think Dunks is based in Scotland too.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I can't put in Essex. I think I know why though :D

dazza1011

my mate lives in cornwall and he has a terrible time he lives here
cocksrudebritaintiff.jpg

p9ul

Distinguished Member
imagine if you lived in Scunthorpe :devil:

lol - that one's always being flagged up by swear filters - I live 5 miles away from Cockermouth in Cumbria - people think that place name is a wind up... :rotfl:

Dave_C

I emailed Xbox Support and got the following message:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting XBOX Email Support Team.

We have received your inquiry, unfortunately we will not be able to resolve your issue through the email support, kindly contact our customer support line and our representative will gladly assist you on resolving your issue.

I'm guessing this is just some standard reply and they never help anyone via email. I really can't see phone support being much use either tbh, I think I may have a lost cause.

DongaTon

As Steve Hillskill says, I have my location on my profile as Greenock, Scotland or Gourock, Scotland on my profile no problem, can't remember which,

HOWEVER!

My wife was reading over my shoulder there and she says she has the same problem as you! She's just recently started her own gamertag, and she said she couldn't enter Scotland as her location either, said it was not allowed!?!?

Weird.

Perhaps do what I've done, your town/city, then Scotland, probably accepts it.

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
So is there quite a contingency of Scotsfolk on here? We should organise a wee Scottish night where we can all speak in our accents without fear of that lot down south not understanding :D

*EDIT* This is a bit OT but can anyone see the last 5 games I've played underneath my name on the left? <------

My pic just has a blank white box underneath it as far as I can see but don't know if it's just cos it's me looking at my own pic?
Cheers

Last edited:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
wow thats really odd that it doesnt allow it

i see a fair few people with it

jegan111

*EDIT* This is a bit OT but can anyone see the last 5 games I've played underneath my name on the left? <------

My pic just has a blank white box underneath it as far as I can see but don't know if it's just cos it's me looking at my own pic?
Cheers

Nope, its just blank mate, i don't even see the white box!

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
So is there quite a contingency of Scotsfolk on here? We should organise a wee Scottish night where we can all speak in our accents without fear of that lot down south not understanding :D

Cheers
its a white box, it should sort itself out soon

sometimes things go weird with the GTs on here but sort themselves out soon enough, otherwise ask a mod

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom