1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS Genies stand question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by adrianl, Mar 30, 2005.

1. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the Genies (driving with Denon 2805) and plan to have fronts on stands, and surround wall mounted.

It seems to me that although the cable management through body of stand is neat (I like the way a guitar-string type wire is supplied to tug the speaker cable with!), it's a bit of a design flaw that the stand base has to rest on the cable making it slightly unstable. This happens with the QED Micro I'm using which isn't very thick - if cable was thick then stand would be very wobbly!

Am I missing something obvious? Is it that there would be enough clearance on spikes (I'm using rubber feet - my wife would not be pleased to have spikes on wooden floor!) or should the stand bases have been designed with a notch underneath for the cables?

Small point but I'm surprised given rest of Genies design is so thoughtful.

Thanks for any advice,

Adrian

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I too use QED micro with my MS stands but unlike yours I have my stands mounted on spikes (luckily I have carpet underneath) so there seems to be enough clearance underneath. I can see how it would be a problem if you used thicker cable or didn't use spikes though. It does appear to be a design flaw.

As a possible solution have you tried attaching the spikes to the stands then using something like two pence (or 50 pence if you're particularly generous) coins to mount them on to distribute the weight so the floor doesn't get damaged?

3. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good suggestion - thanks!

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
  5. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. The Ixos ones are still cheap compared with the grief my wife would give mne for using spikes on wood floor!