MS Anti-Spyware

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm actually quite impressed..! (I cynically thought it would be right up there with the XP firewall in the 'worst ideas ever' awards)

I installed it after reading a good report from somebody else on here, I've been running it for nearly 2 months now, and it certainly does the business. :thumbsup:
It seems to be every bit as secure as Spybot 1.4, and is a helluva lot less annoying.

Well worth a go for anybody interested, as long as you're running a legitimate copy of Windows of course... :rolleyes:

It's the best out and there, and not to mention it's free, only program which can remove spyware from the registry..., but you need a Legal version of Windows to use it now...

I was also impressed with Microsoft's AntiSpyware after inital contempt before using the product. However, to be absolutely secure I run it in conjunction with Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 and also Lavasoft's Adaware SE personal. All these programs are freeware. I usally find each program can pick up on stuff that the other two seem to miss. BTW I'm pretty sure that Spybot and Adaware both remove suspect entries/keys from the system registry.

S.

I'll hang onto spybot for now aswell then :smashin:... I'm agreed too that 1.4 does defintely remove suspect registry entries...

Adaware seems to pick up more than the MS beta, but I like the real time protection option so I use both programs...

Hmmmm... Viruscan 8.0 (4552dat) just flagged and deleted a nasty malware trojan that had made it past and landed quietly..... further evaluation required methinks.. :mad:

The Dude said:
Hmmmm... Viruscan 8.0 (4552dat) just flagged and deleted a nasty malware trojan that had made it past and landed quietly..... further evaluation required methinks.. :mad:

You shouldn't go to pron websites!! :rotfl: :eek:

why not? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom