Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

MS 905C Centre stood on its end?????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Chrper, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Morning everyone,

I am in a dilema, due to an impending house move, I am faced with having to fit all my stuff into a slightly smaller space!!!

We are having a wall to wall bookcase built which will house the Plasma ( wall mounted) and have shelving for my Amp, DVD, VCR and Sky+ box underneath it whilst leaving enough space for a power amp to be located hopefully V soon. However due to height restrictions ( imposed by the good lady) the centre will not fit!!

I can however space the shelves to provide space for the centre to fit if its stood on its end.

So I wondered if this will in anyway compromise the sound or be bad for the speaker given it was not designed for this configuration.

Oh and whilst I am here, would anyone care to offer advice on a pair of slimline speaker to act as rears( wall mounted) in a 5.1 system to complement the front 3 of MS 906 x 2 and MS 905C. I was considering the Canton CD 50 as they are slim and have been accepted by the wife!!!. However will they fit in with MS front 3 and MS309 sub ( sub will be upgraded soon) I currently have MS 302s but am looking for something less boxy if you know what I mean!!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Chris

2. Jake James

Jake James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

i'm not familiar with that centre, but if it has 2 drive units with a tweeter in between (normal looking centre) then it will actually sound better standing on its end. its only pure aesthetics that makes everyone lie them down flat

go for it

If you need any help/info on the canton range, feel free to pm me

regards

JJ

3. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Jake, the speaker is the exact configuration you describe, so it looks like it will be on its end when the builders finally finish the work on the house!!!

regards

Chris