1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS 902 Avants

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fomoria, Mar 26, 2004.

1. fomoria

fomoria
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thought I would post my inital feelings about these speakers.
    They were bought as an upgrade from my mission 702e or M71i fronts (depending on whether I wanted to listen to music-M71i's or movies.)

I must say that for a slightly 'budget' range speaker I am pretty amazed, even after only a few hours listening from new. I was a little worried about a shiny character to the sound after reading around, and I could not easily gain an audition, as my local RS store seems to use their demo room as a store ( good excuse or creative storage?)

The speakers show excellent depth and clarity without being overly bright - imho. Tried with a number of albums so far and even with my kenwood 5050 amp I am very impressed. The bass is good without being too slow, even to the extent I have turned off my sub for music - never for movies though!!

They aesthetics are top notch too, very nice indeed. All i need now is a new amp I suppose, and of course a new centre to match:D

Best £150 spent in a long while. Kev.