1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS 20i'z should they stay or should they go?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Willbur, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Willbur

Willbur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of Mordant Short 20i's, which are about 10 years old now, and have recently upgraded my amp to an an all singing all dancing Yamaha RXV 450 (I'm very chuffed with it!). I haven't yet got full 5.1 suround sound since I've only got these speakers, but am thinking of upgrading in the near future.

The question is should I utilise the Mordant Shorts and buy the other speakers seperately, or buy a new setup (like the highly rated Canton CD1)?

If I keep the Mordant Shorts, do you think adding a subwoofer would make a huge difference? My feeling is it won't...

Would really appreciate any tips or advice.

Cheers

Oh and the budget's around the £250 mark

2. steve_worthing

steve_worthing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    undefinedverdanaundefined
    Willbur - What type of films do you prefer & do you expect to watch a lot of films? If you enjoy music, military & action type - then a sub is a revelation !
    That's the good news - sadly cheap ones are a waste of money. I've owned three & been happy spending more each time.
    I've owned Ms20's (twice!) - they were a bargain at the time. Not heard the Canton. Will they also be used for CD replay? Certainly the front three speakers often best from the same manufacturer - rears less so in my opinion. Only A/B comparisons will help you make your best choice & remember the Front speaker does most of the work.
    Steve