1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRX1 Problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by reckless, Dec 21, 2004.

1. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Just bought a Sony MRX1 and whilst overall I'm delighted, I'm not sure if I have a fault or not with the screen.

Basically the problem is that when the picture scrolls from either left to right or vice versa, about a third of the way across the screen, what I can only describe as a darker line, running parallel to the sides of the screen appears. It disappears as soon as scrolling stops and only appears at this one point on the screen.

For example, if you watch football or rugby etc, the grass one side of the line looks brighter than on the other side of the line. It's as though one third of the picture is slightly darker than the other two thirds.

I've watched the screen from numerous angles and it's visible more to the sides although even straight on it's noticeable. It appears on analogue, sky+ (RGB) and ps2 (S-vid).

Has anyone else seen this sort of issue? I'm not sure if this is a fault or something that all lcd screens do and it's just I haven't noticed until I've got one. Happy to provide more details if it'll help.

2. paulockenden

paulockenden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't noticed anything like this on my MRX1.

P.

3. ma94jcg

ma94jcg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i haven't seen anything like that on mine either, sorry

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sounds to me like a backlight problem. The backlight on this Sony can be dimmed and brightened. I assume, when you try this, that the whole screen still stays unbalanced? If so, and if this is bothering you, you should have the TV replaced or repaired.

Jimmy

5. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks for the input. I spoke to Sony and they said it sounded faulty so it's going back today. I suspect that the delivery of the item didn't help: when I got home from work Monday it had arrived but the delivery man (who was on his own) had ignored the instructions to keep it upright and had stored it on it's side.

It was the same whether the backlight was adjusted or not and after adjusting contrast/brightness etc. It displayed the colours perfectly when the image was stable but as soon as it panned across the screen, on analogue and sky it appeared. It must have been bad because my wife noticed it!

Thanks again though for the advice and for checking :thumbsup:

6. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If the image is OK when there is no movement on the screen then the backlights are probably OK. Sorry for duff info. It is more likely to be something much more sinister possibly due to it being on its side!

You're well shot of it, I hope the replacemant is fine.

Jimmy