Mrs Biggs (ITV)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sheridan Smith and Danny Mays in new drama Mrs Biggs, the story from Charmain’s point of view as the loyal partner to the infamous great train robber, Ronnie Biggs.

Adrian Scarborough (Upstairs Downstairs, Cranford) and Caroline Goodall (The Good Wife, Schindler’s List) who will be playing Bernard and Muriel Powell, Charmian’s parents.

Mrs Biggs will recount the story of their struggle to stay together in the face of fierce opposition from Charmian’s family – aghast at Biggs’ criminal record – and their idyllic life as the parents of young children before money worries forced Biggs to ask for a loan from an old friend to pay the deposit on a house they wanted to buy for their growing family. That friend was Bruce Reynolds, at that moment planning on of the most famous crimes in British history – the Great Train Robbery of August 1963

ITV are pushing their drama creds for all their worth at the moment and this is one that is cropping up a lot. I'll give this one a go as it has the excellent Adrian Scarborough in it.

Bri

Also my twin boys Harry and Alfie played the part of Nicky Biggs at 3ys old. We went to some of the filming for this earlier in the year.

First episode was pretty good, hopefully the tension is upped from now on in.

My boys were featured in the first episode and they did us proud... Sheridan and Daniel were lovely people too.

We played it back the next day, they were quite interested in it... but would rather watch Cars :)

:laugh:

It must have been like watching a home video for them so Cars was far more entertaining. My son was an extra in a few episodes of Byker Grove. In one of them he had to dress up as a girl. We've never let him forget that he was a professional drag artist.

:D
Bri

My son was an extra in a few episodes of Byker Grove. In one of them he had to dress up as a girl. We've never let him forget that he was a professional drag artist.

Bri

Just a reminder ep2 is on tonight. My lads are in this one too... maybe just an incentive for me that though :)

We watched the first one tonight and we were very underwhelmed. There's more than a few good actors in it but it just didn't work. It doesn't help that we are both exhausted by our present situation. I still think we wouldn't have thiugt it was that great anyway.

The young lads were brilliant though.

:)
Bri

Last night episode was ok not riveting, still enjoy it though

They seemed to
get nicked quick, anyone know the timeframe from robbery to court ?
But the program is about the wife and i do like Sheridan in the role

Thanks Brian :)

Yes it does seem very fast paced - we filmed some stuff that was cut out so I'm guessing there might be more stuff filmed that was chopped to up the pace.

Last night episode was ok not riveting, still enjoy it though

They seemed to
get nicked quick, anyone know the timeframe from robbery to court ?
But the program is about the wife and i do like Sheridan in the role

7/8/63 was the robbery

20/01/64 the trial began

Sheridan Smith is doing a stint at The Old Vic in Hedda Gabler to rave reviews

558545.jpg

5 stars The Times

4 stars The Daily Telegraph

4 stars The Evening Standard

4 stars The Daily Express

‘Anna Mackmin’s superb production’ – The Times

‘Smith plays a blinder’ The Guardian

‘Top-flight cast led by the superb Sheridan Smith’ – The Daily Telegraph

‘A triumph all round’ – The Times

‘One of the stage stars of her generation… simply thrilling’ – Evening Standard [on Sheridan Smith]

‘An actress of rare skill and presence’ – The Times

‘The great thrill of the night is Smith… an actress of truly tremendous talent and range’ – The Daily Telegraph

‘Vulnerable, demonic heroine is up there with the best’ – Evening Standard

Repeated on SKY 123 (ITV Encore)
Wed 19 June 9pm Ep.1/5

Really enjoyed the series the first time round

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom