mrbsh1's Media Rooms - photos and descriptions

mrbsh1

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys may remember some of these pictures from my old thread. As that thread was quite old and unable to be updated i decided to go ahead and start a new thread as i have added some new components and furniture.

I want to be the first to say in no-way what so ever do i think or feel my system is any better then anybody else's and i don't want to post on here and brag to say i have got this i have got that. I simply want to express my joy in getting to a point where i can be proud of what i have and how i went about archiving it.

My main living room is essentially an open area that attaches to the dining and kitchen areas. Not an ideal way to have a theatre room set-up but we all have to make sacrifices along the way. The room had to be liveable each day and not feel that cluttered. I think my wife and i have archived this.

AV:
Sony KDL46X3100 100hz Full HD 46" LCD TV
Toshiba HD E1 HD DVD Player ( Got this for $80AUD new )
Sony 40 gig PS3 ( Freebie with TV )
Nintendo Wii
Xbox 360 Pro HDD Removed

Sound:
Sony STRDA3400 ES AV Reciever
Dali Ikon Vokal ( Center )
Dali Concept 6 ( Fronts )
Dali Concept 1 ( Rears )
Jensen QX85 10 subwoofer.

And when it all goes together it looks like this:

IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

Obligatory screen Shot images.

Free to air
IMG_1241.jpg

Blu Ray
IMG_1249.jpg

Last edited:
This room is my little hideaway. I am so lucky to have a wife that allows me space where I can run off and do things without distracting anybody. I call it the "Games Room" which put simply it is, mixed in with the office side of it.

The kit in this room cossets of;

AV

LG 32lg30d 32" HD LCD TV
Xbox 360 Arcade with HDMI Output and 20gb HDD ( HDMI to TV )
PS3 Slim with 250GB HDD ( HDMI to TV )
Play TV
Super Nintendo ( AV to TV )

Sound

Logitech Z680 Surround Sound system ( feed optical from TV )

Office

Apple i5 27" iMac
WD 1.5tb USB HDD ( Time Machine Backup )
iPad Dock
Cannon MP270 printer
64gb iPad ( original wait to number three for next update )
16gb iPhone 4s black

Pics as follows;

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

The not so comfy couch;

IMG_5298.jpg

and its replacement that gets pulled out when needed;

IMG_5304.jpg

img above the couch taken with all photos that my wife took when we went to see the Metallica world magnetic tour Adelaide leg with guitar pics(?) and 1 ticket, we where up against the barriers had been waiting 12hrs before the doors opened;

IMG_5299.jpg

The office part of the room;

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

and a sneaky little charge cable for whatever needs charging (attached to mains with iPad charger;

IMG_5317.jpg

I have also made a video for this room back in its old layout, its a bit out of date but if u want to have a look you can do so by clicking my youtube page in my signature.

Thanks for looking i hope you like, and if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to leave them. if you don't just say hi, lol it keeps it fresh :p

That looks fantastic. Well done!

THE_FORCE said:
Still looking FRESH matey and Sony X series FTW !! :hiya:

Stylish J. :smashin:

Take care.

Thanks mate! The Sony x series has still got all the style a tv needs. As much as I like the look of all the new TVs at work, when I get home and see this, nothing comes close.

Thanks for your kind words andy.

Fantastic, really like these rooms; exactly my taste! Love the fact you've still got a snes in pride of place too!

Can I ask a quick question? Where is the main AV rack in your lounge from (the tall one on the right hand side that houses the consoles, amp etc)?

Fantastic, really like these rooms; exactly my taste! Love the fact you've still got a snes in pride of place too!

Can I ask a quick question? Where is the main AV rack in your lounge from (the tall one on the right hand side that houses the consoles, amp etc)?

I want to know about the rack too :) and hopefully if I can find it in Walnut.

Hi guys and thanks for your comments. The rack is actually a bookshelf. As I live in Australia it might be hard to find but I got it from office works here.

Ah! Thanks for that, guess I'll have to continue my search. I'll start looking at bookshelves though, that's a great tip!

And he even has a lot of Apple products....fantastic.

recent convert :p

Ah! Thanks for that, guess I'll have to continue my search. I'll start looking at bookshelves though, that's a great tip!

We where very lucky with it, we took all measurements of our gear and took the largest measurements with us as a guide. The only work needed was to buy a circular drill bit and drill some holes into the thin backing that these things have.

Go to places that you wouldn't normally go to for furniture, i got that rack and the table in the games room from an office supplies store.

Hope that helps a little bit more.

This setup looks stunning!

You must be well pleased with how it has turned out.

Phil.

Your games room is smart.

I like the retro gaming.

The desk , mac and chair really smart.

My only mild criticism would be you need a 50" TV. I think 50 is the new 42 !

scot360 said:
Your games room is smart.

I like the retro gaming.

The desk , mac and chair really smart.

My only mild criticism would be you need a 50" TV. I think 50 is the new 42 !

Are yes in due time my friend. The next plan is to find a new place. I will have a dedicated room there that can be shut away, so defiantly a 50 or larger when the time comes.

Thanks for your comments Phil

nice setup you have there. :)
if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your av rack from? thanks

Nice computer station. Clean and stylish!

The av rack is actually a book shelf. I got it from a office supplies store. I am from Australia so it may not be available in the uk. We hunted for a while to try and find a proper av rack, we took measurements of everything that we had, and with those measurements where able to find that particular stand.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

a/v rack looks very similar to the Ikea BESTA units you can get at the moment, I've been fancying one myself.

Where did you get your rack from? I am after something similar at the minute

Edit - ignore that, just read your post further up

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom