Mr Corman (Apple tv+)

barnaby jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Joseph Gordon Levitt stars and directs in a new show streaming now.
Only watched one episode, but it’s odd enough for me to continue with I think.
Anyone else watched it ?

Watched the first two episodes, I don’t think i will be back for more.

Seen first 3. It's like some indie film that's been serialised; with a typical slow burn of daily life, some flashing visuals to denote his state and even a musical bit in one.
The whole thing is themed in child teacher (thankfully not all school based schtick) Corman's ever increasing panic over what constitutes appropriateness/woke behaviour and thoughts and by extension that leads to his panicked states.
It's bit of a blame game for the viewer to decide just how maddening things/life is getting.
There's moments that hit and may have you nodding and grating your teeth, others that are funny and those that inevitably miss and made me think, yup, indie effect. But, some that may have you being surprised how a situation leads to feeling real sympathy for him and other lonely souls he crosses paths with.
It's not laugh a minute but rather weighted in pace and so don't expect quickfire scene changes or plot devices but more events in his day and night. There are memorable bits to reward, if you're prepared to let this roll over you.

Joseph Gordon Levitt stars and directs in a new show streaming now.
Only watched one episode, but it’s odd enough for me to continue with I think.
Anyone else watched it ?

Seen the first three so far. It's certainly a bit odd/quirky which I don't mind but I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not.

So far I've found it a bit of a downer so cheer myself up by watching Ted Lasso afterwards! :laugh:

Seen the first three so far. It's certainly a bit odd/quirky which I don't mind but I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not.

So far I've found it a bit of a downer so cheer myself up by watching Ted Lasso afterwards! :laugh:
Agree completely

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom