1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPS-150 or CHT-10

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nhk, Mar 17, 2003.

1. nhk

nhk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I chose the MPS-150 with my Gallos because I thought they would be the best set-up. Noticed though that UE (who sells Gallos and Velo products), says that the CHT-10 will beat any sub in its class. I think he would know as he sells both.

Has anyone tried the Gallos with a CHT-10 and compared that to the MPS-150. I'm interested to know - in case I am missing something and made a mistake with the MPS-150.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You did not make a mistake. The MPS-150 appeals for different reasons, perhaps the most important of which is size versus performance. I am confident I have the best sub for my requirements (at this moment in time) in the MPS-150 and am entirely happy with it's performance. Are you happy with yours?

Which one is better depends on your definition of "better". The Gallo sub is better in areas such as size and placement flexibility and still gives a damn good performance. The CHT-10 and MPS-150 design and price points are rather different though with the MPS-150 being quite a bit more expensive. Therefore, I'm not sure you can say they are in the same class.

3. nhk

nhk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    groundy

I am very happy with the MPS-150. I was only thinking if there is anything that I am "supossed" to be missing.

You are absolutely right ito of size and placement. I have it "wired with 2 phono points in the room (at the time the carpet was being lifted I had no idea what would be the better position and as time goes on and furniture permitting I may require a reposition). For this purposes it is superb - I can tuck it below a sofa corner table or elsewhere.

It intergrates very well with the Gallos and I am also pleased that other more experienced forum members agree with this.