1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg to vcd/svcd

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Chas, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Chas

Chas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Sony W1 for the good (for a still camera) movie clips but when I write a vcd using Nero the resolution drops from 640x480 to 352x288.It says I need a plug in to write a svcd but I would like to know that this will work before parting with any more money Any advice or suggestions please?
    Nice camera, shame about the software.

2. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's always Pinnacle DVD software. I believe that you can get a free trial from the Pinnacle website.

Welcome to AVF by the way!

3. SimonD

SimonD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Chas

Chas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the suggestions, although I've not managed yet I'm more hopeful.
    I tried the Pinnacle trial first, a huge download which took ages and then wouldn't run,but from the description on the website is probably more sophisticated than I need anyway.
    The TMPGEnc seems more what I am looking for:just file coversion rather than fancy editing and effects.
    The trial download was much quicker and seemed to run when I tried converting to svcd. Resolution was higher but still not 640x480, I realise now that this isn't a video standard, and when I tried to write a disc Nero didn't mention a plug in, but it then it crashed. When I tried to look at the converted clip it was blank.
    There is loads of stuff on videohelp.com to read and I'll try again with TMPGEnc, I might even have time to take some pictures/movies one day !