1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEGs on AIW 8500 DV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pcpaz, Oct 18, 2002.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed a AIW 8500 DV card, DVD playback is great, but my old MPEG movies picture quality has deteriorated, colours appear washed out.

Has anyone else come across this and is there a fix as I have messed with some of the settings and now it's driving me crazy to the point of returning to my old 4m S3 Virge card!!!!:(

Please help

2. squishysdomain

squishysdomain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IF you are new to Radeon based cards you may not have spotted the controls it offers for its live video windows. Click on adavanced settings -> overlay and you'll see the necessary controls. If you are using the radeon DVD software then these controls are available from the right click meu too.:p

3. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip.

Yes I am new to these Rad cards, do you think it a good idea to get the latest drivers from ATI or stick with the ones I have got?

4. squishysdomain

squishysdomain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always try to get hold of the latest drivers. I've had a Radeon based card ever since they first appeared and ATI have not taken a backward step yet as far as I can tell. DVD7.6 is the latest version of their hardware assisted DVD player software and is quite old now (6 months) but there have been some new hardware drivers and multimedia centre drivers this month which are worth getting hold of. In particular the control panel has been improved it would seem.

5. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I been looking at the ATI site and will be downloading the latest CATALYST driver. I will let you know how I get on.

One I have sorted this out I then try to use optimise the best picture thru the TV-OUT port. May need you help later.

:)