MPEG4 Encoder??

danlevi

Standard Member
I am seeking a device to fit to a vehicle to allow live dial-up and viewing of on board CCTV pictures.
We have successfully fitted a hard drive based digital video recorder and a GSM modem via serial connection but the refresh rate is very slow.
I therefore wish to encode the analouge output from the DVR and then dial-in, smaller file sizes per picture frame shuold allow a higher frame refresh rate.

Please let me know if any such product is out there.

bigtim

I am seeking a device to fit to a vehicle to allow live dial-up and viewing of on board CCTV pictures.
We have successfully fitted a hard drive based digital video recorder and a GSM modem via serial connection but the refresh rate is very slow.
I therefore wish to encode the analouge output from the DVR and then dial-in, smaller file sizes per picture frame shuold allow a higher frame refresh rate.

Please let me know if any such product is out there.

You can try butchering a slingbox - that encodes in WMV9 AKA VC1 which is based on mpeg4.

http://uk.slingmedia.com/page/home

Does exactly what you want: encodes analogue video to a low bitrate and passes it out over via a modem connection. £150 from PC world.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom