MPEG not enabled

Mr THX

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had this message flashing up on my processor the other day when trying to play a Proshow Gold DVD. Got the picture just no sound :(

Is it still possible to have this option enabled ?? is it really worth it, hasn't happened before to be honest.

Yes and Yes.

I like the MPEG option for self produced DVD (Slideshow from Digicam pics etc).

Just call IAG - list price is/was £39 or similar.

Cheers

benzol

In the (g)old days the MPEG upgrade was free of charge if the AV32 was shipped with the MPEG option enabled, because for some reason
the MPEG option was disabled when you upgraded to firmware v3.4? or had a unit shipped with that version - can't remember the details?
Please, correct me if someone has a better memory than me :).

Yeah the price is still £39, just added MPEG to my DP as I cam across a load of DVDs with no DD soundtrack.

MPEG was indeed "free" with the original AV32 as I have it on my bp192 from the late 90's

Cheers guy's

Will I need the TAG cable for this option upgrade or can it be done through a key code :confused:

Hi guys,

in todays news I came across a dispute between Sandisk and Sisvel. Sisvel is the company doing the MPEG licencing stuff.

So I had a quick look on their website - la voila they do even list the one who signed or payed for an agreement with them (LINK). Yes our lovely friends the makers of our most beloved TMA toys is also amongst them.

Not so IAG - so the question arises if the licence between Sisvel and TMA went over to IAG or not?

I assume that they either selling the AV30R with the mpeg option either installed or being at least optional?!

So is the selling of the licence codes to TMA customers today just 100% earned money?

Cheers

Benzol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom