1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG Hardware capture cards and...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Steve1138, May 14, 2003.

1. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm fed up with analogue capture and software conversion to MPEG (takes too much time)...
    and am looking at Hardware solutions (Dazzle, Vidac...)

Intention is to feed Sky+ by s-video and save directly as MPEG, so I can get it onto silvery disks more quickly - BUT also want to use optical digital out from Sky+ and capture audio digitally... the intention, to use the optical input on my sound card.

BUT - Vidac just confirmed that their Vmagic card doesn't support audio input through a separate sound card... you have to use the analogue audio inpus on the card.
    Bummer.
    (This may be partly remedied later if Nebula gets their dig-sat card off the ground).

Does anyone know of other MPEG hardware capture devices (PCI or USB) which DO either:
    - allow use of separate sound card and digital audio input, or
    - have their own digital auido input ?

and if they exist
    - do they suffer from synchronisation delays between audio & video ? (& can it be corrected with a timing delay)

(am expecting same answer from Dazzle re: their Hollywood bridge USB 2.0)

thanks
    Steve

2. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    vcdhelp.com is worth a look too - not sure if there's anything about hardware there though - haven't looked at it for ages.

:)

4. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just for reference, dvdrhelp is the new name for vcdhelp.

They have reviews of hardware and several forums (check down towards the bottom of the menu on the left)