Mpeg-2 encoding

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by stevie-c, Aug 28, 2006.

1. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am currently using sonic mydvd to transfer my camcorder (dv) footage to DVD. I have been very disapointed with the quality of the results.

Can anyone recommend a DVD authoring program that has a good mpeg-2 encoder. I am not too bothered about it having lots of features, it is the quality of the output that is of most importance.

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Ulead MovieFactory 5 is affordable, simple to use and its (Ligos) mpeg Built-in encoder is quite good. It has a bigger brother Movie Workshop2 ( and Express )( Im not sure its encoder is better though)

However there is nothing to stop you from getting a standalone encoder like Canopus Procoder Express™, TmpegEnc Xpress or Main Concepts™ Mpeg encoder and encoding your video to mpeg2 before importing them to Movie factory:
    It will generally preserve quality ( and time) by not reencoding DVDcompliant mpegs

These standalone programs also give you a lot more control over the encoding process and some are quite fast too.
    Be careful in your quest for the holy grail of good PQ though lest it proves elusive : :rotfl:
    when you have time have a read

HTH

3. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that.