1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG 2, 720x480 9mbs, is that the best?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dustbash, Oct 9, 2005.

1. dustbash

dustbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Roxio 7 says the best video quality is mpeg 2, 720x480 9mbs. Is it? That is the best offered in Roxio 7, do I need another burn program?

Thanks,
    Dustin

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are shooting in NTSC format then yep, if you are shooting in PAL then the best will be 729x576.

9MB datarate is actually the best the present DVD format supports, that said I've found that dopping to 7 is a better policy, picture quality isn;t duly affected and the discs seem to be more widely compatible.

this will all change when BLURAY fianlly arrives (which recent rumblings suggest is very soon)

3. dustbash

dustbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: How can I tell which I a shooting in?

Thanks again!

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Telling us where you are in the world and what your camcorder is will allow us to help you.

put your location in your profile so that it appears at left side like the rest of us - it is important when NTSC and PAL issues are involved

5. dustbash

dustbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Taking your advise and updating my profile, I was looking at my camera. Directly after my model number was NTSC.

Thanks, you really helped me out! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the highest bit rate is 9mb but it does use up alot of space, if you do a bit rate check on most commerical dvd's many are around 4-5mb to fit the film and extras on, only superbit dvd's are the best using a higher bitrate but still sometimes not the full 9mb