1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3s to Harman/Kardon AVR 5500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JT, May 16, 2005.

1. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know how to get a uncoded (pure?) mp3 stream to my amp?

I have a Harman/Kardon AVR 5500 which can do the decoding onboard, which may sound better the WMP10.

The computer is connected through a co-ax cable to the amp and when I watch dvds the sound is decoded by the amp, so I know I can output a pure stream, but how can you do it with mp3s?
    Thanks John

2. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well I've searched everywhere I could think of for a answer with no luck, anybody any ideas?

3. thewiz69

thewiz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this function doesn't serve any purpose! The whole idea behind this rather unique feature is to use the superior MP3 decoding capabilities of the AVR instead of another device, a computer for that matter. I don't know exactly how to do it, but you need to send an MP3 digital stream from a computer (through the optical or coax output of your sound card) to the AVR before it is decoded, then the AVR does the rest!
    I've never heard of anyone using this feature. If you do use it, please let us know!

4. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi thewiz69
    I,ve been trying to find a way but just can't find a way of sending a uncoded mp3 bitstream.
    John