1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3's and music on a toppy TF5800T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by spook, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    until recently I have been contemplating buying a mac mini as a music media player using iTunes, however it looks like I will be buying a Topfield TF5800T in the near future,

my question is: how does the toppy stand up as a music media player?

I already have my entire cd collection (about 30Gb AAC & MP3 files) installed on my mac in iTunes and I understand that there is a mac application that allows transfer to the toppy.

• do you get a user friendly interface to play your mp3's from the toppy?,
    • how easy is it to organise your music files?
    • does the toppy insert an audible gap between songs?
    • and last of all does the toppy support other music file formats ie AAC?

if this works well I can see the toppy being much more than just a general PVR

cheers, spook

2. MICK WATTAM

MICK WATTAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have been considering buying a mac mini for the living room, but thought I'd make do with a suitable PVR for a while until Apple decide to add a tv tuner to the mini. Wondered how you got on?

3. jameslindsey

jameslindsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Got about 10GB of MP3s on my Toppy. Interface is OK and easy to add folders through the PC software. There's TAPs out ther that give a better MP3 player interface also.