• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MP3 splitters

Surebrec

Distinguished Member
what is the best way to split mp3 files?

I have ripped a couple of cd's onto my computer and was in the process of transferring them onto my mp3 player when I noticed one of the hidden tracks has about a minute and half of "nothing" before the track starts.

I've had a look online and there seems to be dozens of programs that supposedly allow of splitting mp3 files, but I'm not sure which are safe to download, or which have the best output quality.

anyone ever used mp3 splitting software, and if so, what would the recommended option be?

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I've always found the best and easiest free option, is a piece of software called AUDACITY, which can be found here.

Load the MP3 track you wish to split up, then you can either:

- Remove the "silence", and save the file as one file, containing two songs.

- Remove everything after the end of the first song, save it as "Song 1", then reload the original file again, and delete everything before the start of the second song, before saving that as "Song 2", or

- Shorten the "silence" to, say, 3 seconds, and then save the file as one file, containing two songs.

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom