MP3 sample rates on portable players

dfield2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I've decided to get into portable MP3 and bought a Achos Jukebox Studio 10. I understand that this a budget model and there are better untis out there, but I'm not sure about its capabilities when it comes to the sample rate of its MP3 recordings.

Accordiong to the manual and software that was included it says that you can record MP3 up to 128kbs, but reading a previous thread it looks like I need to record at 320 kbs to get the best sound available from MP3. I've loked at the specs of the creative jukebox 3 and can't find any mention of its maximum recording potential.

If anyone has got a portable MP3 player (Archos Recorder, Archos Studio, Creative Jukebox, RioRiot) can you tell me what the max recording rate is ?

Thanks in advance guys.

I have the archos multimedia jukebox 20. You should be able to encode MP up to 320kbps. However, there is always the trade off regarding quality v hard drive space. I have experimented with my player using 128 and 192 kbps and find that 192kbps gives a very reasonable result.
In addition i have also tried using MP3pro 64kbps but unfortunately this can cause the archos to freeze during playback although no complaints here as they don't advertise the fact that it is compatible with this format. Hope this is of help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom