1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Portable CD Players

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dickz, Apr 13, 2003.

1. dickz

dickz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Due to the lack of a HiFi system and having limited access to my PC at night, looking for a portable unit that can play MP3's. Thinking about an MP3 CD Portable, as it will also enable playback of any music CD. Does anyone have any experience with CD/MP3 format, i.e. does it work? Whats the sound quality like with high end 320kps MP3's? And do you get Folder names, as well as track text appear.

thanks

Richard.

2. dickz

dickz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Have done a bit of research sing the first post and discovered that the current Sony flagship portable DCJ01 CD/MP3 player can be bought for around £116 plus delivery online. Has anyone got any experience with this unit.

thanks

Richard.

3. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Richard

No experience with the Sony, but bought my girlfriend a Nike (rebadged Philips) player last month and apart from some very dodgy headphones, it very good, and has good jog protection. The sound from it is excellent, and there's a good amount of bass through Sennheisers - and it's about £99 from dixons probably get it cheaper elsewhere.