1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Players with line out?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by digitalaudio_dj, Jul 17, 2005.

1. digitalaudio_dj

digitalaudio_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for an HDD mp3 player with a line out and at least 20GB. All I've found so far is the Creative Nomad Jukebox. Please let me know if you know of any others. Thanks.

2. rockon

rockon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony NW-HD5, superb.

rockon

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The iRiver H320 has a built in separate line out, which is decent. The iPod has one of the best line outs of any player, but it needs a dock accessory (sik or sendstation) and is trumped for quality by the Nomad Jukebox. The iAudio M3 and X5 have line outs though an included minidock, and the quality is once again decent. The Sony HD5 has a switchable line out mode and is OK... probably the worst out of the lot, but not by a huge amount. In terms of regular use, any of these will work fine as a line out source.

These are all I have to compare, but there are more... many players offer line outs, either switchable or otherwise.

4. greedoe

greedoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Sony HD3 has line out as well. However, if you're using the RM40ELK remote, it will only let you use headphone out volume.