MP3 players on SatNavs (e.g. Nuvi 765T, Tom Tom 730)

grantwc

Standard Member
Reaction score
All, a quick query that I hope this forum can help with.

I'm in the market for my first SatNav. I notice some of them have MP3 players and FM transmitters which means that MP3's can be played through the car stereo. However it's not clear to me if the MP3 player can simply be played through the speakers of the SatNav unit itself.

Can anyone advise? (My car stereo doesn't work which is why this is relevant!)

The current SatNavs I'm looking at are the Garmin Nüvi 765T and the Tom Tom Go 730.

Tomtom ones let you play mp3 through your car stereo,You can have it so the directions come through your car stereo or through the tomtom speakers,You can also have the mp3 just going through the tomtom speakers:)

Tomtom ones let you play mp3 through your car stereo,You can have it so the directions come through your car stereo or through the tomtom speakers,You can also have the mp3 just going through the tomtom speakers:)

But don't you need to have a car radio in order to tune in an available FM frequency for the tomtom?

Yes it has to have a radio to tune it in,If you dont have one,You could allways use the tomtom speakers to listen to your music:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom