1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 player with FM radio and takes SD cards?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by slewis1972, Oct 4, 2004.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok - I am looking for a relatively cheap portable MP3 player that has a built in FM radio but takes SD cards etc.

Any recommendations please.

Thanks

Scott

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    This player here has both FM radio and accepts SD cards. It's worth having a search on that site as there may be a few others.

3. andrewloves

andrewloves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted the same as I have a 'The Bug' DAB radio which records onto SD cards, also a few SD cards that I use in a camera.

I needed to change my phone, so I went for a Nokia 6230 (free on contract). This phone takes MMC cards only, so I brought a 1 gig card from www.mobymemory.com for £90. Lucky my camera also takes MMC, so when a change my phone again, or need more memory for holidays, I use the card from my phone.

Theres lots of info on using this phone as a mp3 players in the forums of http://www.mobymemory.com and http://www.expansys.com/

Andrew

4. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well - I have 5 months to go of my current contract - and I have P900, but the max MS Duo is 128mb for the phone.

I was looking for a separate MP3 player - as will go for a clam phone next time.

Scott

5. InsertNameHere

InsertNameHere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The only one I've heard of is the MSI 256MB Mega Player 516. Theres some details of it here (scroll down a bit): http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/other_mp3.html

I can't comment on it though since I've never used one. Also, I just provided the above link for info more than anything. I'm not saying this is the cheapest on the net. Have a shop round and see what it goes for. You might find a bargain...

Alex

6. KnightWhoSaysNi

KnightWhoSaysNi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This thing has a radio and SD card reader (512MB - needs a firmware update for the new 1GB cards). I've had one for about a year and still like it.

7. Flipper

Flipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I can also vouch for the MPIO. Nice little player. I use spare SD cards from my camera.