mp3 player not recognised by Sony DVR

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Roger59, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Roger59

Roger59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Sony RDR-HXD870 DVR. I have a Sansa mp3 player (flash memory), which when connected to the DVR via the USB port shows the message "Connected", but is not recognised by the DVR. When I tried an older mp3 player (not a Sansa) it worked. I would prefer to use the Sansa to transfer songs to the hard drive as it has a much larger capacity. Any suggestions/fixes?

2. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +634
    I doubt that you'll be able to do anything about it.

3. ravingdave

ravingdave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Some Sansa MP3 players have two modes for the USB interface. First is MTP (music transfer protocol) which is used to interface / synch with media players like Windows Media Player. The other is MSC (Mass storage class) which just makes it look like any other memory stick device.

Check to see if your player has these two modes. It will probably be in MTP by default, and so will not be recognised by the Sony. Try it in MSC if it is available (on my player from the main menu, go to Settings/USB Modes/MTP or MSC to change the mode).

4. Roger59

Roger59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it both Auto (MTP) & MSC modes, makes no difference!