Mp3 player - Headphone Advice Please !

soundstory

Hi All,

I'm getting a Toshiba Gigabeat 40 for xmas & I need some Ear/Headphone advice.

I'm not a fan of the in the ear type, they just don't fit in the ear properly.

I've always used the Sony headphone that are like a bud but have a band that goes over your head like a normal pair of headphones.

So I guess I have two questions:

01) are these type still available?

02) Is there any point using "DJ" sized headphones, are mp3 players powerful enough to get a decent volume into them.

Advice please !

karkus30

Banned
Hi All,

I'm getting a Toshiba Gigabeat 40 for xmas & I need some Ear/Headphone advice.

I'm not a fan of the in the ear type, they just don't fit in the ear properly.

I've always used the Sony headphone that are like a bud but have a band that goes over your head like a normal pair of headphones.

So I guess I have two questions:

01) are these type still available?

02) Is there any point using "DJ" sized headphones, are mp3 players powerful enough to get a decent volume into them.

Advice please !
The in ear type are fine if you get the foam type with different sized foams. They firt a treat, I have small lugs, so use the smallest foams from futuresonic (EM3s) very comfortable and allow you to isolate from the rest of the world and experience rich, deep bass. Its impossible to deny that bigger headphones are not more comfortable, but they are not exactly cool for walking about in.

karkus30

Banned
That's great,

I'm looking to spend 40-50 GBP on a pair, any recommendations?
can you go to £70 ?? http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/pages/catalog.asp?divitype=t&tp_id=91&root_name=Earpieces&pic=%

I would recommend the Futuresonic EM3, I love mine.........you do have to change the foams periodically, so you need to budget a £10 a year. I did a lot of research before choosing these and that was up against Shure, Entymotic, ultimate ears, sennheiser etc. They have a reputation for being tough, dont look like they are worth much (useful if your in a dodgy area) and sound brilliant.

soundstory

hmmm, could be just what I'm looking for & I liked your reasoning about the look of them.

Why make yourself a target !

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom