1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Player for Workout

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by max_keller, Aug 30, 2004.

1. max_keller

max_keller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like it to have the following features:
    At least 128MB
    FM tuner
    USB Flash Memory Drive Storage
    Belt Clip or Armband

Can anyone recommend a player that has all those features? I caught my eyes on the Creative MuVo TX FM. Anyone here have any experience with this player?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    What is your budget?
    How about a HDD MP3 player? I've got the iRiver iHP-120 20Gb (now superseded by the iHP-140 40Gb) player. The iHP-140 can be bought from Richer Sounds for £275 and does everything you want. This sounds like a lot of money, but that will hold something like 6,000 tracks (less if useing high bit rate compression) so you will never neede to worry about which CD's to put on the player as it will likely hold your complete collection.
    IMHO this is far better than the Apple iPod. The battery life is double that of the iPod at approx 16 hours, has many inputs/outputs including USB2.0 and optical for recording directly to MP3 from a CD player.

Mark.

3. max_keller

max_keller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw some people using a ipod mini whiel they are doing work out. Do you think it will be ok if I carry a HDD Mp3 Player while I am running? Are they easy to carry around?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Sorry, I meant to say in my origional post that I use my iRiver while on the running machine in my gym with no problems. I would assume the iPod would be the same.

Mark.

5. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    Hi thre, don't know if it's of any use/interest to you, but just noticed that Richer Sounds are doing a deal of the day today (Wed 1st Sept) of an iRiver IFP380 for under £60 (just). I know it has 128mb, and built in radio, but think it comes with a neck strap, which might not be great for running, but I'm pretty sure that some of them come with arm bands too.