1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 player for audio books

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Trickdick, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I Want to get an MP3 player to use on holiday - primarily with audiobooks but also a hefty cd library.

If I am listening to an audiobook and stop halfway through, does the player automatically resume whare i finished when I turn it on again.

Might seem a daft question but I dont fancy skipping through dozens of tracks to find where I was!

Have been looking at Sony HD5, Ipod MIni and Rio Carbon.

Any thoughts? :lease:

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The Sony HD5 definately does, and I would imagine the iPod mini does as does the Rio Carbon. Can't confirm those two though!

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm right, any player will do that simple form of listening. However, if you stop the audiobook track part way through, then play a different track or tracks (say, music) then go back to the audiobook track and want it to start at the point you left off I believe that's a different matter.

The iPod does this. The tracks must be in bookmarkable format though - which you setup on the computer in iTunes. I don't think other players can do it, but I may be over-ruled...

4. nick.lawton

nick.lawton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Samsung Napster was very good for audio books and went back to where you finished.+ it also has a special audiobook section on the menu.

5. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With my Vaio Pocket, if I should switch it off halfway through a track and switch it back on sometime later, it would start off exactely where I switched it off - so it would be perfect for audio books.

6. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Guys

I'm more concerned with pausing the audiobook, listening to some music, then going back to the book at the point I left it. The Sony helpdesk have now confirmed that the HD5 doesnt do this, so thats one to cross off my list!!

Any more help would be appreciated.

7. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0