MP3 playback on 750s

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by graeme, Dec 29, 2000.

1. graeme

graeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only had my Wharfedale 750s for a couple of days now and just wondered if any other owners know how to,if at all possible, access the list of tracks. I have numerous CD-R with multiple albums containing multiple songs (purchased at computer fairs before the clampdown by Trading Standards). The only way I can play preffered songs is to put in the individual track number, if known. What I have to do at the moment is to access the CD-R on my computer and print-out the listings, but some of the songs dont have titles, just numbers. Its starting to look like I,ll have to put each individual album onto its own CD-R.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the Wharfedale 750s play MP3's?. Can't be official

3. graeme

graeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Officialy yes they do, Im talking about the 750s and not the 750.
    Pretty good for a sub £200 machine!

4. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Grahame,

I too have a 750s. I decided to put all the U2 albums onto a single CD. So that they played in chronological order (starting with Boy and ending with All That You Can't Leave Behind), I named each file in order using a 3 digit number, starting with the first track on Boy and ending with the last track on ATYCLB.

So the first track was called

001-I Will Follow.mp3
    002-Twilight.mp3
    060-Pride.mp3
    080-With Or Without You.mp3

and so on. I then did a printed tracklisting for the CD inlay.

Damn good it looks too !

Hope this helps.

5. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi guys. I am thinking of purchasing one of these players very soon.

MP3 is a feature which I require. Can anyone tell me whether the tracks have to be at a certain bitrate?

For example, when I make my own MP3s, I sometimes record them at a bitrate of 160 for better quality, 128 for CD quality and 96 for songs which I am not that keen on (to save space on my disc). They are also put into directories.
    I then play these back on my PC to save swapping CDs all the time.

If I put this into the Wharfedale, will it play all tracks, or does there have to be no directory structure, and recorded at a certain bitrate??

Thanks for your help - I need to be sure before I purchase!

Oh yeah - has anyone had any problems with sound/video on DVD playback (lipsync problems etc).

Cheers!

Paul.