1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 (or other) player with line in

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Just call me Al, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I am looking for a MP3 player with line in. I have recently bought the Typhoon but the recordings , even at 192 have a (warblyish effect). If |I record from my computer using MP3 pro at 64 or wma at 96 the quality is really good & far superior than the Typhoon. I notice from a programme I have that it says the recording from the Typhoon is "xing (old)" & looking on the internet it says this records very fast to MP3 but leaves a sound that audiophiles will not like, presumably the warbllyish sound I can hear. My question is does anyone have a player with a GOOD line in, preferably at 64 or even 96. I want it mainly for speach but I would like reasonable quality sound. Any Ideas?

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    phillips hdd120 and the archos gmini 400 have line inputs but not sure of their quality...you could always go for the ageing minidisc player??

3. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I'v had portable mini disc recorders since they came out, but sold my last one about 6 months ago. I see there is now a 1 gig version & it would probably do what I want. The problem is when flying it is something extra to take. I have a great Rio Karma & was hoping to include the MP3s recorded from the Typhoon (or similar) onto it alongside my music as it would transfer quite quick, I' not so sure about how quick the 1 gig mini disc would transfer, it may only be 'normal time'....anyone know?

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive still got my sharp minidisc player which gets daily usage.!!! :eek: