MP3 on PC to AV amp

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tustin, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Tustin

Tustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im very new, i want to get my MP3's on my PC to my amp (about 10 metres away), what are the wireless options to do this if any. There is a stereo output of the sound card on the PC.

cheers

2. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You get a lead that goes from one item to the other. Preferably one that has the right connections on each end.
    ooook sorry, in this months what hi-fi there is a report about a new apple wireless gadget that seems to be the thing that you want. I am thinking of getting it myself and using my laptop to control the music on my main desktop computer upstairs using VNC software (the one where you can display and control one computers display on another)

3. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I would recommend the Netgear MP101 Digital Music Player. Just bought one myself and I rate it very highly.

I have a server in my lounge that always on. This is where I store my 3000 plus MP3s. This is connected by an ethernet cable to my wireless router (you can also connect to the router wirelessly).

I then have the MP101 Digital Music Player on the otherside of the lounge connected via phono cables, to my amps AUX input. The server then streams the MP3 collection wirelessly to the receiver attached to the amp. This is done with software supplied with the device.

You can navigate through your collection via a remote control supplied and the LED on the front of the Digital Music Player.

The only drawback, is that you must ensure that the tagging details on your MP3 collection are accurate as these are whats used to categorise and sort.

As usual, the MP3's sound as good as the sample rate and the software used to rip them.

Alternatively you could just run a line out of your PC's sound card into your amp. But that depends on how much you like extra cabling.

4. bayonic

bayonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... get Apple Computer's Airport Express ... it integrates with iTunes and uses an existing Wireless Network if you already have one installed .

5. Tustin

Tustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont want to get a seperate player i am happy with my PC. I had a look at the Apple thing and it looks good, is it like a transmitter and receiver in one or do i need to set up a wireless network of my own? Is it poss. to get a transmitter type card for the PC with a receiver of some sort at the PC end?

:Confused:

6. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Erm, why not just get a long cable? :suicide:

7. Tustin

Tustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i've been thinking of that but it does mean drilling holes in walls, and effort and stuff.

8. Tustin

Tustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone, please?