mp3 head unit

Originally posted by hornydragon
Bugger does that mean the £12 adapter i took back to halfords is actually needed???

No! Does the head unit loom have two cables which split in the middle by means of a bullet type connector thus enabling the swapping of ? If not cut the two cables leaving enough tail to crimp on a bullet conector (X4) to each tail and swap over the permenant and switched +12v.

Vauxhall is definately different from the industry norm. If memory serves, you swap the yellow with red *although please check with a meter before doing so - i'm 99.99% sure that it's the red and yellow which swap over.

Edit: From an online guide, ''Some cars and headunits have slightly different power wiring connectors, most notably Vauxhall. This will not damage your headunit, but will mean that it loses all of its settings once it has been switched off. If this happens to you, there should be some bullet connectors on the yellow and red wires of the headunit. Swap them over and your problems should be solved''.

Originally posted by hornydragon
got a link mate? Thanx for the help, gonna be a busy day tommorrow!

If it's a link to the quote:http://www.saxomotorsport.co.uk/ice.html , however it won't give you further help on this matter, it was only to confirm my advice. This will only take a few moments - withdraw the head, the bullets will be instantly recognisable (if not,they aint there and it's back to plan 'A' and fit your own) - and swap over the red and yellow, so you now end up with a wire which is red-yellow and the other is yellow-red :)

Try mcs-direct if they have none try dabs and also shop around local independants. Great HU and I didnt even need the adapter leads i bought from Halfords all i needed was in the box! Faceplate is a bit fiddley to get on or off but my girlfriend is well pleased with it.

Got the Sony MP40 fitted at the weekend. Sounds great, fascia not a good fit though. Will have to go back to Halfords for a tweak

i wanna get this for my corsa (L reg 93) but donno whether it'll fit. any help??? guess it should do but wanna check b 4 i spend 200.

I'd guess on a car that old you'll need an adapter for the leads,

check out autoleads.co.uk

Anyone know if they work properly with variable bit rate MP3s now ?? I have an Aiwa CDC-MP3 (first MP3 deck here I think) but the time goes nuts on VBR !

For ripping use EAC and Lame (with --r3mix switch), no comparison really :) Good enough to use on a decent stereo as well !

Anyone know if it (the mp40) works with downloaded mp3's? (Not condoning piracy but some of the b***dy cd's I have bought wont allow me to rip them to mp3 so have had to go online and download them just so I can add them to my mp3 collection - nice eh).

Also, what does it feature security wise? Does it have a removable facia etc?

Oooh sweet - seen one for sale in my local halfords (think they have been discontinued) for 149 with free fitting - may well have to purchase myself one.

Thanks for the fast response :)

Err, £149 for the MP40 is a terrible price.

Cheapest I have seen elsewhere is 120 quid, then add another 10 quid for delivery and I figured I would rather actually pay 150 to a) get it fitted and b) have bought it from somewhere just down the road where I can bitch if there is a problem.

If you have seen it elsewhere for any less then by all means please link it as would definately have a look.

Sorry, didn't realise that Halfords fitted for free. Personally I'd rather fit it myself.

Think I did see it somewhere for £125 delivered but if you want it fitted then you're right to go through Halfords at that price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom