MP3 for spotify advice

technotyke

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can give me some advice please
I currently have an Ipod Touch v3. I use spotify premium everyday on the device but the battery on full charge barely gives me 3 hours play now so im on the look out for a device that will play spotify offline while Im travelling. The Ipod touch 6 was released a couple of years ago so im not sure if anything else will be released soon. For a fairly expensive piece of kit I don't want this to be out of date as I wont be able to make a purchase like this again for a while. Im not a massive fan of ITunes etc and happy to use another device though they seem quite limited (id heard of a MIGHTY MP3 player but cant see it on sale) The player would need to initially play Spotify offline, secondly I would like to transfer the best of my CD collection onto it. Any other additional extras would just be a bonus. Im not wanting a phone so an IPhone is not an option for me. Any help is much appreciated thanks

Not sure how much you want to spend but there are a few Android based players that will provide you with Spotify for on and offline listening.

I've just bought the Fiio X5 mk3 which provides this and does a very good job of it although some users have reported issues my experience has been good so far. This can be had for around £350 using a 10% code at AMP3.

Advanced MP3 Players FiiO X5 3rd Gen (X5iii) Hi-Res Player

Fiio-Born for Music and Happy

There is also the Cayin I5 which is similar but for me was laden with problems, I returned 2 units and gave up on it in the end, very poor WiFi signal and constant crashes.

Advanced MP3 Players Cayin i5 Master Quality Digital Audio Player

There is also the Pioneer XDP-100R which again offers Spotify and any other Android streaming services etc. I had the Onkyo version of this which was very good.

Pioneer XDP-100R-K Portable Music Player Home Audio Visual

If you were happy spending around this much I would personally plump for the Fiio or the Pioneer.

Thanks for the reply. Quite expensive options though I will research them all and see whats the best for me. Im really surprised Spotify haven't come up with their own player with streaming now becoming much more popular than downloading. Seems to me they are missing a good opportunity where there is a gap in the market

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom