1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 for holidays

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by skull-eater, Sep 6, 2005.

1. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :thumbsup: hello all im going on holiday soon and i would like to buy a mp3 for me wife and kid me and wife <£100 and kid <£50 any ideas cheers :clap:

2. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    On the budget you are limited to flash players. Personally i would not get two flash players that hold very little music. I would get one hdd player for £150 that holds loads, something like the HD5 by Sony or an iRiver. If not then the only thing i could suggest is an iPOD shuffle or just an unbranded cheap player off ebay.

3. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,123
    dont disregard flash players too quickly, wifes got a little 512mb creative muvo in white that sounds great (with the white headphones that come with it everyone will think you've got an ipod anyway ;) ),cost about £50.

dont buy one of those hundred cheap players off ebay...a mate at work has one and it sounds absolutely pants.

the pooling of funds to get an hd does make sense,unless theres likely to be a row over whos turn it is for a listen.

4. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  5. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,123
    personnally i'd go the extra buck and get one of the 1gb creatives if thats the size you're after....oh and i've not heard too many good things said about ebuyer either.
    happy hunting.

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    I've bought loads of stuff from Ebuyer without any problems. I believe people have had problems when there's been something wrong with the order though, but you tend to find that with a lot of on-line box-shifters.