• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MP3 File Types

O

Otaku

I'm at work and we're making a list of the formats that MP3's take and what they stand for, So far we have...

ASF - Advanced Systems Format
WMA - Windows Media Audio
MP3 - Moving Picture Experts Group Layer 3 – Audio
IRM - Impulse Radio Modulation
AAC - Advanced Audio Coding
OGG - ???

We just wanted to know what OGG stands for, does anyone know and if you know any other file types i'd be glad to hear them. Thanks :)

O

Otaku

Ah, I see, Its not a file format at all, its a type of conversion softwear. Thank you very much, a long time question finally answered.

Another one for you now, Sony uses AAC but who uses TwinVQ, the other two types of transversion softwear mentioned on the first site.

O

Otaku

My mistake, or rather the guys' who told me :) we now concure that it is infact Apple, seeing as only our Apple products takes AAC.
It seems that we don't need to worry about TwinVQ, interesting to know that AAC came out better in testing than MP3 though.
Thanks.
Are there any other interesting facts you know about MP3 players then?

hughesy

Established Member
like what???

I'm sure there are lots of people in this forum that know loads of interesting facts about mp3 players...

Just ask the questions...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom