• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

mp3 "File Editing" question

John

Hi all
I have an hour long MP3 file (Fighting Talk off R5live , fancied some inane banter for a change) .Any how , I really only use my player for walking to work , its only 20mins. So ,as my player will not allow me to FFWD as such , only skip whole files ,I've yet to hear the last 40 minutes of the show :D .
Is it possible for me to split the file into 3 or 4 smaller files
Cheers
John :thumbsup:

slowen

Banned
Try using CDEX as I think there is an option to split the track up on there, if that gives you no luck then try atomix mp3 as I use this regular to split tracks and mix tracks.

Think CDEX is only a beta version and atomix mp3 is a trial version but they are fully usable, just use google to find the sites that are offering the downloads for free

as8602

Established Member
johnscarlet said:
Hi all
I have an hour long MP3 file (Fighting Talk off R5live , fancied some inane banter for a change) .Any how , I really only use my player for walking to work , its only 20mins. So ,as my player will not allow me to FFWD as such , only skip whole files ,I've yet to hear the last 40 minutes of the show :D .
Is it possible for me to split the file into 3 or 4 smaller files
Cheers
John :thumbsup:

A couple of options to consider, both free:

Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
A cracking audio editor, pretty easy to use.

MP3DirectCut www.mpesch3.de
Not very friendly to use, but persevere and read the help. The *big* plus with this is that it doesn't re-encode the MP3 every time you save the file, so no loss of quality.

So for me, Audacity is the general purpose tool of choice for editing/manipulating audio files, with MP3DirectCut for simple cropping/splitting.

John

as8602 said:
A couple of options to consider, both free:

Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
A cracking audio editor, pretty easy to use.

MP3DirectCut www.mpesch3.de
Not very friendly to use, but persevere and read the help. The *big* plus with this is that it doesn't re-encode the MP3 every time you save the file, so no loss of quality.

So for me, Audacity is the general purpose tool of choice for editing/manipulating audio files, with MP3DirectCut for simple cropping/splitting.

Free and easy to use , just what I wanted to read.
Cheers for the suggestions peeps , will go look :smashin:
ta muchly
John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom